While being sad, it is also a profound and transformative experience.
Caring for our dead is a privilege.
A home funeral is a gift to ourselves, our communities and to our loved ones.
A home funeral happens when a loved one is cared for at home or in a sacred space after death. This gives family and friends time to prepare the body, file legal paperwork, gather and grieve in the comfort of their own home and at their own pace.
Bird Song Crossings offers guidance and education regarding:
- The dying process and home death legalities
- Advanced directives
- Preparing final wishes
- Navigating options to best fit your values and budget
- Life review work
- Holding sacred space
- Techniques for bringing calm and presence
- Creation of a guidebook for transition
- Preparing and laying out the body
- Green burial